Thursday, October 07, 2004

Not exactly a prolific fucking writer am I?

The title pretty much sums up the sentiment of this entry.

Why have I not had the need to spout pointless crap at the world much for the past month??

Id have to say that most of the blame has to go to Instant Messaging protocols and gmail (glorious invention); though one should pity my friends as they are more directly exposed to my ranting as a result.

Course, speaking of gmail; its advert targeting is truly frightening; since it offers up adverts for haiku related sites when we have berely if ever mentioned the keyword "haiku", but have ACTUALLY been writing haiku. So it recognises in some wierd bayesian way the 5/7/5 pattern or some such.

Fuck me if that isnt spooky the first time you see it. Course, I wouldnt recommend using gmail to plan your next terroristic exploit this being the case; Im fairly certain the kind of whacky markov chain analysis that gleefully offers to sell me books about writing haiku could be used to copy email relating to the parking of aircraft in buildings to the appropriately burly men with flashbangs and compact automatic weapons in your part of the world.

But, in general, all things google remain fascinating to me, like the fact that I am represented in 100% of the searches for my nick, this I still maintain is bloody cool.

Have I anything else to say at this juncture, yes!! Today was a fscking funny news day; first the bbc tells me of a Hong Kong bank gleefully trashing full safe deposit boxes; hardly safe one would say :) and then slashdot, dear slashdot, tells me of the 2 chinese chicks discovered with apparent immunity to HIV despite regular exposure, proof that it is indeed better to be lucky than good!!

Well, enough for today.
err!
jak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home